This blog post addresses one of our most popular topics – getting approved for disability benefits. If you or someone you know is wondering if they might be approved for disability, this blog post will be helpful in identifying signs of strong claims. Plus, we’ll share tips on finding disability lawyers near you in the event you don’t want to handle your claim alone.
Signs That You Will Be Approved for Disability
- Severe Health Condition: One big sign that you might be approved for disability is having a severe health condition that makes it hard to work. Disabilities can be physical or mental, like problems with your muscles, bones, or even your mood. If your condition is severe and makes it difficult to perform your job, that’s a key factor.
- Long-Term Health Impairments: In addition to living with a serious health impairment, disability claimants must have documented impairments spanning at least 12 consecutive months. That’s because SSDI and SSI Disability benefits are reserved for people facing long-term challenges that affect their ability to work.
- Medical Evidence: Having strong medical evidence is crucial. This means your doctor’s notes, test results, and any other proof of your health condition. The more detailed and accurate your medical records are, the better your chances of approval.
- Consistent Medical Treatment: Regular visits to your doctor show that you’re actively trying to manage your health. This consistency in seeking medical treatment helps build a strong case for your disability claim.
- Compliance with Prescribed Treatments: Following your doctor’s advice and sticking to your prescribed treatments is a positive sign. It shows that you’re doing everything you can to manage your condition but still cannot work. This strengthens your disability claim.
- Work History and Skills: Your work history and the skills you have can also play a role. If your health condition prevents you from doing the work you’ve done in the past or learning a new job, it adds weight to your disability claim.
- Age and Education Level: As individuals age, SSA considers that it becomes more difficult for them to adjust to a new job. This means it might be harder to find new work that accommodates your health condition, making approval more likely.
- Limited Work Capacity: If your health condition limits the type or amount of work you can do, it’s a good sign for approval. The Social Security Administration (SSA) looks at your ability to perform various tasks when deciding on disability claims. If you are working below the SSA’s substantial gainful activity level, your claim will meet technical requirements.
Signs That You Will Be Approved for Disability in 2023
If you’re considering applying for SSI and SSDI benefits in 2023, it’s important to maintain updated medical records. Having the most recent information about your health condition helps the SSA understand your current situation better.
Finding Disability Lawyers Near You
If you’re going through the disability application process and want some extra support, disability lawyers can be a great help. Claimants working with disability lawyers win more claims than those going it alone.
A good disability lawyer guides claimants through the process, gathers necessary evidence, and represents you if your claim needs a hearing. They’re there to make sure you have the best chance of being approved for disability benefits.
In conclusion, if you’re wondering about getting approved for disability, look for these signs and consider seeking help from a disability lawyer. Our disability lawyers in Winston-Salem, NC have decades of experience and thousands of approvals under their belt. Contact us today if you’d like a free consultation on your claim. There’s no fee for our services unless we win your claim.