Social Security Disability is a federal insurance program designed to help people who are no longer able to work because of one or more severe medical conditions. But many people don’t understand the advantage of their benefits or know how to determine if they quality for the program.
If you are unable to work, consider the following reasons to file your claim for disability benefits today:
- No out-of-pocket costs. If working with an attorney to file your claim, any representative who is licensed and professional will work on a contingency basis and their fees will be capped by Federal Law if you do win.
- If your claim is successful, you could receive a monthly deposit into your checking account that may continue for the remainder of your life to help compensate for the difficulties you face related to your medical condition.
- If a claim is successful, benefits are awarded based on a determined date of disability which can be retroactive in nature. Many successful claimants receive a lump sum of money for back due benefits.
- If approved for disability benefits, you will also receive Medicare or Medicaid Insurance depending on your unique situation.
- Most disability benefits are tax-free.
- You may receive annual cost-of-living increases.
- Your children or family members may be entitled to benefits.
- Your early retirement benefit may increase.
As you can see, the Social Security Disability Insurance Program offers a wide range of benefits for successful claimants. But, the application process is lengthy and complicated. Of all initial applications for benefits, only about 28.5% are initially approved.
So, what’s the next step? If you’re interested in learning more about Disability and have been or will be out of work for 12 months or longer, contact us today at (336) 793-9680. We’d be happy to evaluate your case by phone and determine if you’re a good candidate for the Program.